Thursday, November 02, 2006

Here We Go!

My little one is slowly getting better, but he woke up countless times between 3-6 am in the past two nights. It makes for a very tired mama.

This evening, his older brother finally caught up with him... and vomited, even though he'd been saying all day, like a mantra, "I don't want to vomit, mama, I don't want to get sick." Poor thing. He was devastated. I had told him to try and wash his hands often so he wouldn't catch his brother's virus, but of course that was almost unavoidable (and I shouldn't have given him any hope that he might avoid it). After it happened he kept saying, "But I washed my hands and I tried to stay away from Linton!" Well, now he says he doesn't want to ever go close to his brother again... That would take care of the sibling rivalry all right! :)

And to think they may have caught the virus from their little cousin! How long do these horrible creatures live anyway? My nephew was sick three weekends ago, when we were in Nashville. His diarrhea (which happened after he was already eating and feeling OK) abated nine days before they came to visit on Saturday.

Now I'm really really afraid of getting it too. How am I ever eat again thinking that it might be my last meal for a while? Oh boy, this is tough.

Thanks everyone for your lovely comments in my previous post. It warms my heart to know that you too have found wonderful friends and felt happier because of blogging. And Jeannette, I should have included you on that list, of course! As soon as the boys get better, we HAVE to get together. Oh, and talking about play dates I'm feeling really guilty that my Brazilian friend who's almost a neighbor (they live in the next town over, walking distance from us) came to visit with her twins, boy and girl (almost 5 years old), yesterday. I hope they don't catch it too!!

Updated to add: And I have to send out a job application tomorrow. Fun, huh?

5 comments:

Aliki2006 said...

Oh no! Well wishes out to you and your boys immediately! If it's any consolation...I kept thinking each meal I ate would me my last and yet, after having been vomited on countless times, and after having changed oh so many runny diapers, I somehow managed to avoid the dreaded stomach flu. I hope the same for you!

Andromeda Jazmon said...

My boys are waking me up hourly too. If not one, the other. OY. What's sleep?

Juliet said...

I hope that your your boys get better soon, and that you stay healthy. I realize this is a lame comment, but I do mean it. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. *hugs*

Anonymous said...

I am sending positive vibes and get well wishes to you and your whle crew. I can relate to your little one: that feeling of throwing up and *anticipating* throwing up is the absolute worse!

diber said...

Aww, thanks, that's nice of you to include me. :-)

Yea, let's do something fun and Christmas-y in Center City. (because I can't have serious fun until my thesis is to a better place--unless, of course, my husband is scheduled to work)