Tuesday, November 21, 2006

And Now a "Real" Post

I forgot to say in the previous post that I just love my son's smile, it's one of my favorite things about him.

QUICK DIGRESSION: Blogger is acting up on me right now -- the toolbar for adding links, photos, changing fonts, etc, has disappeared. I guess it's mad that I posted too many photos and that I have been refusing to switch to the beta version even though they invite me everyday. I'd love to switch, I've been itching to have labels in my posts ever since I started blogging, etc... but I'm mortally afraid of the change, and I haven't had time to back-up the blog so I don't have to worry if it disappears again.

Some of you wanted to know what I spoke about in church. It was the second and probably last time I speak there, since I hope we'll be moving next July... the first time I talked about women in the Bible and this Saturday about mothers in the Bible. I was fascinated by all the references to breastfeeding, particularly in Psalms and Isaiah (my favorite book). A person's relationship with God is compared to a baby/child and his/her mother and the peace and comfort he/she feels when breastfed. I felt like writing a scholarly paper about that. Yeah, I'm really a geek -- when I find a subjet I'm fascinated by I can't help but feel I really want to research it and write an academic paper on it. See? I should be an academic, shouldn't I?

All right, what else. After the hectic Thursday and Friday, we did have a good (if busy) weekend. I beat all my records last Friday/Saturday early a.m. - posting 3 times in 24 hours. I actually wanted to do the smiling photos post then too, but I thought it would be too many photos. Actually, right before I posted the "smile post" yesterday my husband was complained with me that I shouldn't post so many photos, I should select (as it is, I'm already being very selective, believe me, I do take that many photos) and leave "a taste for more" in my readers mouth. What say you? Do I post too many photos?

Back to Saturday, the only hard thing about speaking in church, was how my youngest son behaved. He just wanted to be with me and was walking all over the church, so two friends had to take him away (crying, although he was fine while with them) to the children's room to play with him and the other children. Afterwards, I had the whole singing group eat at my house and when they left, at 4 p.m. I was so pumped by all the nice conversations and singing practice that I decided to drive to Maryland that afternoon (I'd previously thought I'd be so tired that it'd be best to leave on Sunday). The trip was good, I listened to a new CD by Yo-yo Ma that had just arrived in the mail (more on it on a later post, when blogger lets me post links -- I'm too lazy to use html right now, sorry) and the boys fell asleep as I got there at 9 p.m. and slept the whole night without even moving. That was good because I needed to sleep, since I had gone to bed at 4 a.m. and gotten up at 8.

On Sunday the boys played with their older cousin while my SIL raked the leaves in her condo's front yard (I took some photos, of course). Then, after lunch while my nephew napped the two of us and the boys went to Home Depot and Lowe's where we bought red concrete edgers, top soil, and mulch to straighten out her garden and plant the bulbs (tulips, crocus, and hyacinth) that I had given them as a gift a while back. I can't wait to see them bloom next year!

I had to get up really early (4:45) to drive to Dulles airport, since my BIL lives on the opposite side of D.C. and told me that if I didn't leave by 5 a.m. I'd be stuck on 495 for hourse. I left at 5:15 and there was no traffic. I got to the airport and my husband's plane landed shortly after. We were able to leave in less than an hour. The best part was the drive home, 'cause we had time to talk about all that he experienced in Brazil. He got to practically spend Saturday night talking to one of our best friends there. Good stuff.

Well, today I have been out food shopping for Thanksgiving, we're having the Quorn vegetarian roast, yams (a pecan praliné recipe that I have -- let me know if you want me to share it), brussel sprouts, salad (mesclun mix, grape tomatoes, baby carrots), vegetarian mushroom gravy. We'll also make some basmati rice and I'll bake a pumpkin pie and an apple crumble pie, with Granny Smith apples. Oh, and I bought eggnog -- we love eggnog! This is already too long and my sons have already had their "fix" of PBS Kids of the day, so I have to go!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would've liked to be there and listen to the sermon, it sounds incredibly interesting! You seem to be a naturally talented speaker (I, for one, am mortally afraid of having to speak in public, ugh)! :)

Keiko said...

Lilian,
-Os sorrisos sao really very cute indeed, coloque todos! Eu tb tenho uma dificuldade imensa pra selecionar as fotos q coloco no snapfish, e meu marido esta sempre dizendo a mesma coisa...
-Muito interessante, nunca prestei atencao em referencias a amamentacao na Biblia, vou olhar mais carefully
- Nao consegui linkar as paradinhas como vc me ensinou :-(, e tb nao quero mudar pro beta, seja lah o q for isso!
-Eu quero todas as receitas!!
bjinho,
Keiko

Gabriella said...

that smile of your son is adorable!

Juliet said...

I agree with you about people's relationship with God being similar to mother/child. This is why it always bugs me when people refer to God as a male. God has no gender. That is why I refer to God as Mother/Father God.

Andromeda Jazmon said...

I would have loved to hear your talk too. I am always drawn to the descriptions of God as mother in the Bible.