Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Looong Weekend

**Coming soon: Thanksgiving Recipe**

First, I have just taken the plunge again and switched to the beta version. I could no longer wait to have labels, and plus, blogger had been acting up and I couldn't even add links (without hml) or photos because my toolbar was gone.

Second, it feels like forever since the last time I've posted. This was a very long weekend indeed. Our Thanksgiving celebration was great, mother- and father-in-law came, as did brother-in-law and his family. I cooked most of the food and I enjoyed it. We braved black Friday, although this year nobody spend the night in line like last year (even though it was a lot warmer), we did get things we needed at prices that fit our meager budgets, though (my MIL was waiting since May to get some of the electronics she needed for her house). Then, we drove to Massachusetts to the in-laws' home. Hubby flew from there to Brazil and I drove to NYC last night and slept at a friend's house to pick him up this morning. Phew... Driving with the boys is usually smooth, but now that we bought a DVD player for our old minivan (two 7'' screens), it's a breeze! I do try to limit their TV viewing time, but I must confess that it was much easier to talk to each other (or to listen to NPR) while they were quietly watching a DVD... oh well...

I thought I'd have more to report, but I'm done summarizing the weekend. I sent my first successfully received application yesterday and there are two more to go. It's very stressful to try to work on the application while caring for the boys and with a husband traveling every single weekend and swamped in work! I'll keep you posted about the job search (both mine and my husband's).

All right, I'll be back later with the promised recipe! (maybe recipes)

6 comments:

Andromeda Jazmon said...

I was thinking about you today, wondering if you were in beta blogger yet. How is it? I am thinking of taking the plunge this week. Any big problems to look out for?

L said...

So far so good, my friend! :)

We'll see if the blog's still here this morning.

Beta has improved in this past month, though, the labeling of posts has become even easier. I think at this point that there's nothing to loose :)

Juliet said...

I never to anywhere near a store on black Friday! I prefer shopping online. No need to deal with obnoxious crowds that way. :-p

Keiko said...

It's such a relief to know that you, who looks like a great mom, do things such as letting them watch DVD ;-) - Sometimes I feel that everyone else just tell you the "politically right" things that they do with their child, making you feel bad when you do "normal" stuff.
Waiting for the recipes!!

Alice said...

goood luck with the applications, Lilian! keep us updated! As for switching to beta, all you need is time, but if I managed to figure out, then you can, too . (You have to click on the Templates tag and then it gives you the option to switch completely over to beta, though it will erase all your modifications. You can put all things back yourself using the "Add a Page Element" tab, which allows you to upload and arrange pictures, buttons, html links etc. (be sure you have all links saved somewhere) It is in a way a lot easier than before - if you know how! ;)

kate said...

Yes, keep us updated on the job search!

And I just found where Catherine Newman is doing her new weekly column: http://wondertime.go.com
I's a new magazine that looks pretty interesting. I may subscribe... Anyway, good luck with the applications and recovering from all of that Thanksgiving activity!