Tuesday, October 31, 2006

A Quickie (Updated)

I was quite busy this weekend, so I wasn't able to write. I had a friend's baby shower to attend and my brother- and sister-in-law's came to visit. It was the first time that my youngest nephew (4 months old) came here. The boys had lots of fun with their older cousin (who's 2 like my youngest).

One thing I haven't even mentioned in my previous posts and which I want to explore later is that for over two weeks in the middle of this month, my 2 year old got sick with a cold and also started waking up and crying every night, sometimes more than once. Before that, when I went to Massachusetts he also started nursing again in the middle of the night even though I night weaned him in June. Sleeping by my side just made it irresistible. It was hard to get him back on track and for a while we thought that the whole end of the family bed thing was just a delusion... but, things are slowly getting better. Last week he slept through the night on his crib and bedroom for two nights in a row -- I couldn't even believe it when I woke up. During the weekend the boys slept on mattresses the floor of our room, but they didn't wake up either.

Oh, yeah, and all of a sudden my ravenous eater, the 2 year old, is not interested in eating anymore, which is stressing me out. A few hours ago he vomited (all over his bed - thankfully, he had already vomited a small amount before falling asleep and I, fearing the worst, put him on a matress on our bedroom). I'm hoping it's not the stomach flu, like it happened with Aliki last weekend (and with my nephew two weekends ago). Wish us luck. I'll keep you posted.


Pending posts: I want to tell you, two months late, about our Florida vacation; I want to write more about the boys, and I also have a couple more parenting posts. I'm delighted that my previous post ressonated with so many people!

Updated to add: my son woke up feeling fine this morning, so I guess it was just an upset stomach because of something that he ate. What a relief!

1 comment:

Aliki2006 said...

Oh no, I hope he doesn't have the stomach flu we had--it's brutal and just *won't give up*! Here's hoping for a speedy recovery...