Wednesday, April 29, 2015

The "Cruellest Month" is Ending

Sometimes I think T.S. Eliot is right, but it's only when my mood doesn't match the beauty of Spring or when it's too cold and it feels like actual Spring and Summer will never come. Apart from that, I love Spring!

and also, forgive me for using words from a poem that have become more of a cliché than an actual literary reference (sigh...) this happens to many literary works, doesn't it? but I was an English major (In Brazil, no less) and studied this poem in class, if that brings any legitimacy to my usage...

I'm happy to see the month end, though, and for teaching to end as well (I have a half written post about this which I hope to post before the end of the day -- I have a scheduled "photo" post for tomorrow, how silly is that?). But whenever a month or a year ends I feel this gentle tug of nostalgia in my life, a feeling that something is over and I'll never live it again. This feeling is stronger in Spring because the flowers don't last long and they make me simultaneously happy and sad -- that in itself is cruel.

Oh well... I had more to say, but I need to get ready to go cook lunch at my sons' school. More later.

I'll come back to add some flower photos later, OK?

No comments: