Friday, April 10, 2015

He didn't change his mind...

... So he came with us to my aunt's house. 

He's still sleeping on a mattress on the floor, but he's got actual covers and doesn't need to sleep inside the sleeping bag (which he dislikes, much like his mother ;-) . Most importantly, it's quiet and there's just mom & dad in the room here, not about 20 other boys & two teachers! 

He did have a good time, but was glad to see us! Finally, he's not very pleased about these blog posts, but I told him I was letting him know about the posts, but not changing them. I try to blog very rarely and as vaguely as I can about my younger son and I think this particular anecdote illustrates very well the point of my previous post. 

And I think that for some children, it's also hard to let go of the parents and of the familiarity of home!

1 comment:

jo(e) said...

My third child was in eleventh grade the first time he want away (it was for an Ultimate Frisbee camp -- about a week), and he was quite homesick. We drove to pick him up at the end of the week, and he was very happy to see us.