Saturday, November 17, 2007

The Checkout Lane is The Worst Place to Find Out...

... that you have lost your wallet/pocketbook.*

Yeah... worse yet if you're buying train toys for yous sons, trains they've been requesting for a few days (as a self-requested reward for improved potty behavior, more on that another time) and which they weren't able to buy with Daddy last night since they couldn't find it at another store. Toy trains and diapers (OK, we're not out of diapers yet, but still ;).

So, this scenario happened to me tonight and I still don't know where the wallet is (it was supposed to be in my bag, oh, and K had forgotten his at home -- perfect, huh?). I lost it in church this morning (we rent the building), but didn't find out until many hours later (at around 8:30 p.m.) in that checkout lane. :( Hopefully it'll be found tomorrow (we have already called the people in charge of the building).

On other news, Linton is well, but now Kelvin is getting really croupy too. Poor thing. He was even running a temperature this evening. I hope he doesn't get much worse until Monday because I don't want to have to go to the emergency room if his breathing gets really bad and he needs steroids like his brother. Yeah, fun times. And tomorrow we have a baby-shower to attend and I'm in charge of the games. K is not very amused, of course (he can't stand baby-showers). Oh well. I apologize for another boring old "unfortunate events" post...

*what's the difference between these two? I never know which one to use for the imitation leather thing where I carry money, cards, etc.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh, gosh, I hate it when that happens. The other day I lost my kids for several hours, and it screwed up the entire day.

Hope Kelvin gets better soon!

Unknown said...

Oops, that was a freudian slip. I meant lost my KEYS not lost my KIDS. (Or is that really what I meant?)

Dawn said...

I HATE that stomach-sinking humiliation. :( I hope Kelvin is feeling better soon and that the wallet SHOWS UP!!

Aliki2006 said...

I think the right word is "wallet" since "pocketbook" to me means the actual purse...

I am SO sorry you lost yours! I hope it turns up soon--how dreadful.