Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Funny Cell Phone Story

Yesterday I couldn't find my cell phone so I did what I often do, I "paged" it by calling it from my home phone. I couldn't hear it ringing anywhere in the house, though, and I became worried. I was calling for the third time and almost giving up when someone answered. It felt funny, as if I'd called a wrong number. The voice identified itself right away as "Kelvin's teacher," but I still proceeded to explain that I might have called the wrong number. I finally figured out what had happened when she said that the phone was in Kelvin's jacket pocket and that she decided to answer when she saw "Home" as the calling number. I thanked her for picking it up because I was getting worried about the phone's whereabouts and then I asked her to turn it off.

I still don't know how/why/when Kelvin put the phone in his jacket pocket, but it was pretty funny to have his teacher pick up the phone.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~
As for school, I forgot to mention that his teacher who is pregnant (due in January) had to go on bed rest, so now there's a substitute teacher who comes three days a week (MWF) and on the other two days the younger kids are "schooled" in the same room with the older ones. It's one teacher for 12 kids and 8 grades, but she has lots of experience. Kelvin misses his old teacher, but he thinks it's fun to be in the "big kids' " room.

Today he woke up with an earache and didn't want to go to school. I'm taking him to the doctor (if I can get an appointment) later [we're going at 1 o'clock]. I had a bad night, coughing constantly... I should see a doctor too, but I think I'll eventually get better.

P.S. Yesterday's post has more updates on other fronts, if you haven't checked it out yet.

3 comments:

Cheryl said...

LOL. Great story. I'll keep this in mind next time I can't find mine. I think it would be the Inventor in our house who would end up with the cell phone, though.

We've all had the two-week-long gunky colds with coughing and ear problems, too. Yuk. Hope it goes away soon.

Unknown said...

That's a great story! And I hope you feel better soon!

Anonymous said...

Hi Lilian,

I enjoyed checking out your blog. I'm a recent grad in Silicon Valley, and I've just started a company that is mapping the blogosphere to our world. Here is an example of a blogger in Georgia who's plugged in: http://www.verveearth.com/landing/#type=user&id=772. It can be fun to explore different localities.

It's an easy process to get on board, and I can be reached at clayton@verveearth.com for questions or feedback. If you resonate with the vision of painting a global canvas of voices, please give VerveEarth a mention.

Cheers! -Clayton