Monday, November 18, 2013

Super Stupid me! Stuck on traffic

Before we left the house, my husband told me that he had heard on the radio there had been an accident on the highway close to university number two. I assured him that I knew the parallel roads and all the exits I could take and that I would be okay.

There were also signs on the highway telling where the accident was And warning is that the right lane was closed. 

However, I was talking on the phone with my mom and when the exit right before the exit where the accident exit was came, traffic was just running fine and I just drove straight ahead. 

Ha Hah Hah

Alas! Now I am stuck in a 7 mile long traffic jam and I have to teach in 35 minutes. 

How dumb is that?

Have you ever driven a standard shift car in a traffic jam?

Huge sigh…

In any case, I don't regret the phone conversation, I really enjoy talking to my parents while on these long drives and I was using earbuds as well.  Talking on the phone while on long drives is a lifesaver for me and my husband, because it keeps us awake.

I bitterly regret missing the exit because I was so engrossed in our conversation.

Well, rant over. 
now I have to go write an email to my students, wish me luck!

No comments: