Thursday, October 03, 2013

Curly Hair Woes

When you have curly hair...

... you have a haircut (a few inches off in the back!) and nobody notices (my sons said, "It looks the same to me!" I don't know if students noticed, maybe they were too polite to say anything? Nah... It doesn't make too much of a difference, really).

... your hair always looks undone, messy & even crazy... (because if you actually comb/brush it it'll look even worse!)

... you can't even think of washing your hair at night (unless you're going to blow-dry it straight).

... longer hair always looks way shorter (and my hair won't ever grow long anyway*)...

... even when it's not bad-hair-day for other people it's always slightly bad for you and when it is an actual hyper humid bad-hair-day, whoa!!!

I blow-dried my hair  straight for almost a year and then went curly as the humid weather started back in June. I decided not to go back to straight for the school year and I had a haircut yesterday (first one since early summer). Not that it makes any difference. Sigh...

yeah, hair issues, big time! :(

* the biggest source of my "hair issues..." I will never ever have long hair and that makes me very sad. (my hair is too thin, fine & breakable to ever go below my shoulders in any decent way. It runs in the family -- paternal grandmother & dad)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Don't get me started on hair issues, sometimes i think its easier to shave my head and just wear wigs. I also have very curly hair which since my two kids were born no longer looks nice curly. So i blow dry and straighten every time I wash it. Sigh.