Thursday, October 10, 2013

A Breakfast Date and... Wrinkle Cream (?) :)

Ladies, I have a question for you, please respond!!

Do you use skin products for wrinkle prevention/treatment, etc.? Which one(s)? If not, why not? Would you recommend any specific brands or types of products?

Last week I invited my husband for a breakfast date since with our crazy schedules we can't have lunch dates and much less dinner dates. We were enjoying our breakfast when my husband looked at my face  -- I suspect that he focused on my forehead -- and said, matter of factly:

"Hmmm... I can see a lot of wrinkles!"

"OK!" I cheerfully responded, "I guess it's time for me to begin to apply wrinkle cream! I just need to let you know that it's expensive, I hope it's worth it!""

Is it really worth it? I have never felt it is. And besides, I will just be stuffing my skin with chemicals! I don't even apply much of anything to my skin to begin with. I rarely use moisturizer and after Katie Allison Granju suggested Garnier's BB cream I bought it and I wear it once or twice a week.

The other problem is that I am TERRIBLE at doing things habitually (except for brushing teeth before bed & applying deodorant -- it's not that bad ;-) and I hate to think that I will have to deal with a night cream and a day cream and blah blah blah.

I am willing to try, though, if I feel that they would do any good. Frankly, for my forehead and brow I think that if I really wanted it to look better I'd just get some Botox. ;-)  (hahahaha... and I was just writing above about putting chemicals on my skin). Nah, I'm kidding -- though I know it does work (I have a family member who's done it before and thinks it's the only way to go regarding one's forehead/brow).

So... if you can take a minute to share what you use and give me any advice, I'd greatly appreciate it!!

2 comments:

jo(e) said...

Wrinkle cream is a rip-off. It doesn't actually do anything.

What your skin looks like as you get older will depend on your genes, whether or not you smoke, how much exposure to the sun you've had, and what you eat.

My advice would be to embrace the wrinkles! In some cultures, they signal wisdom.

Oonie said...

So funny and timely...I ran in to "BB" cream somewhere recently and didn't even know what it was. I googled it (I tend to trust Allure's reader polls, they tend to steer me well) and bought one that was high on their list.
For wrinkles, I tend to agree: Botox, which I never want to do, would be most helpful for me. I don't mind the smile lines but the frown lines (which I like to think are mostly from squinting in the sun from forgetting/breaking/losing/being too impatient to find sunglasses) are bumming me out. But they are the deep wrinkles that creams can't reach, from what I understand.
Roundabout way of saying: I was hoping for effusive comments about a wrinkle cream but I tend to think jo(e) is right. But for advice of this sort, I tend to go with the Allure polls. Their readership is obsessive on this stuff in a way I am not and I tend to think their crowdsourcing is very good in this area.