Tuesday, October 15, 2013

All I Want is to Sleep!

I'm exhausted. And I had to be grading right now, but I'm laying in bed with my computer instead.

I guess this is that time in the semester when I will have to beg my students to be patient with me as I deal with exhaustion and lack of energy to grade their tests.

Sigh...

It doesn't help that I'm home alone once more -- K is at a conference in Montreal (staying at his brother's house!) until late on Thursday night.

(bigger) Sigh...

Weekend update:

We had a good Saturday, though it was tiresome for me to cook for our get-together with our one Brazilian friend in town (I made moqueca (fish stew) since my friend wanted to eat it). We finally watched most of SNL -- Bruce Willis was great and then I tried to watch some of last week's (Miley Cyrus), but started falling asleep in the middle of it.

On Sunday morning the boys and I left slightly late for Pennsylvania where we visited the Railroad museum and the Toy Train museum. We ended the day on a model train store. Sigh... We drove an hour to our friends' house and while our kids played we talked. Then talked some more until close to midnight after the kids went to bed.

(it was slightly emotional driving close to where we used to live. Sometimes I don't feel anything, sometimes I'm close to tears. our time in PA was tough...)

Yesterday we left as early as we could (around 10 am) and went straight to the Choo-Choo Barn (huge model train display) where we spent over an hour before heading to Sight & Sound to see Noah. We returned to the Barn to spend more time looking at the trains & going to the model train store again.

Then I stopped at a couple of stores at the outlet, went to Christmas Tree Shop & drove home.

3 hours and a half.

We only snacked in the car all day and our only meal was breakfast (a bagel, a blueberry smoothie, hash-browns, cooked mushroom -- yum! Thanks to my dear friend (we share a name too!). We got home at 10:20 and although I did have a good night of sleep I'm still exhausted.

Today I took the boys to school, did two loads of laundry & tried to grade (wasn't very successful). It was just SOOOOOO hard to drive to town and teach at U#1. I can't believe I always have to do that during my Fall Break at U#2. :( The boys had to stay in after-school care and the good side of that was that they did all their homework there!! Less drama at home. Piano practice, putting away clothes, dinner, that was it. YAY!

Tomorrow I resume work at U#2 and I'm not looking forward to that at all. Especially because I want to go to bed NOW and I won't finish the grading because I'm just too tired and without energy.

:(

No comments: