Thursday, March 12, 2009

I'm Going to the Doctor

I just wanted to let you know that I've finally scheduled a doctor's appointment for Monday. You may remember my previous complaint about swollen lymph nodes. Well, they still haven't gone away and I'm getting worried because the one in front of my right ear seems to be growing and sometimes my jawbone hurts (I don't know if it's related). It is painless and that is even more worrisome. I can't help but wonder if it's a lymphoma or something. In Googling I found this in various sites: "Enlargement [of lymph nodes] that comes on gradually and painlessly may result from malignancy or tumor." And that's exactly what's been happening with me.Yikes!

Anyway, I'll keep you posted. I know I should have acted on this earlier, but I didn't, so, as I always say, "better late than never."

4 comments:

t1 Diabetes said...

let us know! hope it comes up to nothing...

Oonie said...

My husband has "reactive lymph nodes," which are harmless but scary since his sister died of lymphoma. He gets them checked at least twice a year and they are always fine. BUT--the key is: get them checked. You too. Let us know.

Libby said...

I hope all goes well, Lilian. I, too, have lymph nodes that enlarge and are sometimes painful w/infections, but no lymphoma here. My husband *was* diagnosed w/lymphoma (Non-Hodgkins) four years ago, but after surgery and a fairly brief course of radiation he is fine, too. This is not to scare you but to say there are many possible good outcomes, really--far more than the bad ones.

Andromeda Jazmon said...

Good for you! I am glad you are going. Catching it early is so important. Don't worry about what is past, just look forward and hope for the best! Take good care of yourself - you are precious. You are in my prayers.