Wednesday, March 11, 2009

In Two Weeks...

... if all goes according to plan, there's going to be a For Sale sign on our front yard.
(photo from 10/23/08)
I should actually be cleaning and de-cluttering right now and not writing this post, but hopefully we'll get that done and do a successful "staging" of the house. We've done it twice before and succeeded in the first few showings. The kids and I were not around back in 2007, though (we were in Brazil), so it was easier to keep the house in perfect condition. That's why we're planning to travel to Massachusetts for two weeks so we can be away for the first two or three open houses. (I have a conference in Boston and then a week later Kelvin has a 10 day Spring break so we'll just combine the two).

Wish us luck, particularly in the next two weeks as K takes some days off from work to paint and I try to do one of the hardest things in life for me: organizing, decluttering, and tidying up the house. I wish I could afford professional "stagers" since make over people (the ideal ones) are even more out of the question, obviously ;-)

I'm planning to get the photos of the renovations up here soon. I'm even trying to beat my friend Tracy with her awesome bathroom renovation photo posting ;-) (and I know that by writing this I'm setting myself up to fail because she can just go ahead and post before I do ;-).

Some friends are sad on our behalf and ask whether we shouldn't try harder to keep the house, but our standard answer is that we're already detached from it. We've already grived (over and over again, actually) its loss and we can't wait to get rid of it at this point. Of hourse there will still be sorrow, but if we can come out of this debt free and able to start with a clean slate, I'll be very thankful and satisfied. We'll keep you updated.

2 comments:

Oonie said...

Congratulations and good luck to you! Alas, my skills in the purging/organizing are worse than anyone else I know so I really can't even offer you any help!

t1 Diabetes said...

good luck... come live in the country instead... my house was only 100K.