Sunday, March 15, 2009

Quickie

We've had a busy weekend here, packed with visits to friends we hadn't seen in a long time, going to two different churches, going to a friend's birthday party, getting started with the de-cluttering, cleaning the house... and I even went with Kelvin to the store to get his birthday present. More on it later (photo post).

Anyway... we're worried, but in peace. We're still SUPER concerned about the immediate future (how to keep on paying the house and living at the same time) and confident that selling it is the best option for many reasons (not only the fact that we cannot afford it, something that might be mitigated if I went to work somewhere -- I'm thinking retail, grocery stores, wherever). K's long commute is a big problem right now for our family, and there are other things I'll try to talk about in other posts.

So, this is what's going on. I have a terrible cough, leftover from a cold I had last week and which was exacerbated by the fact that I ate lots of sweets (with dairy) from Kelvin's party. And I continue to stress out about the lump by my ear. Good thing I get to go to the doctor tomorrow. But I keep thinking about cancer, about the possibility of having to undergo a small surgery to remove it (a good friend told me on Saturday that she thinks they'll remove the lump), etc. I dislike doctors, hospitals, etc... :-( .

In addition, I am co-chairing a seminar with a friend at an academic conference in less than two weeks, so I hope I get to go to Massachusetts, I've been really looking forward to that. Especially the two weeks that I am going to spend with the boys there. During the conference I'll be staying at one of my best friend's apartment (her husband is studying English there in Boston) and she's also pregnant, so we're so excited about spending time together. Then I'll go to my in-laws', but come to Boston to spend more time with my friend. I hope it all works out or I'll be terribly disappointed...

Sorry for the lame post, but I think that an update (even a lame one) was in order. Now I have to try and cook something for us to take to lunch at the school tomorrow...

No comments: