Sunday, November 04, 2007

International Tag-Team Parenting

Everything went well with my trip, including the drive up from D.C. I was getting really sleepy at the end of the car trip, but I talked on and off on the phone with K (hearing the boys squabbling over their breakfast and then games in the background). I got home and had lots of things to do right away since K is flying tonight to the U.K. (his trip wasn't canceled after all, perhaps it'll help him to network to find another job). I helped him pack and had to run to the office supply store for color printer cartridges so we could print his visa photos (yeah, we insist in taking and then printing our own document photos even though sometimes we have to go through a lot of trouble to do that... we're a very thrifty family :)

Of course I'm absolutely exhausted, but I haven't been able to take a nap all day, not even in the car on our way to the airport because I was coughing too much (I think the dry air in the flights hasn't help my throat and cough). There's a lot to tell, but I can't write too much today because I'm on my own with the boys. For ten days. I have to give them a bath and put them to bed right now and I hope that tomorrow I can write more about the trip and other things while Kelvin is in school.

Oh, last but not least, Linton didn't seem to be happy to see me, he didn't let me hug him. K thinks he was probably upset that I was away over the weekend. Then, he kept saying all day long that he wanted to go with daddy. They both fell asleep on our way to the airport, but later woke up in the parking garage and went to walk on the moving walkways pulling daddy's bags. We decided to say our goodbyes in the car because we knew Linton was going to make a scene. He cried for a bit and then kept saying all the way home "I want to go with daddy..." I feel sorry for him, but all I can do is reassure him that daddy is coming back soon and that mama will take care of him. OK, gotta go now. And I know I probably have tons of blog posts to catch up in my reading... I hope everyone had a good weekend. Mine was great! :)

2 comments:

Prisca said...

It's great to hear it was a good weekend for you. Post more details when you can. I'll be patient since I know what it's like to have a husband gone for over a week leaving me with the two kids. It IS hard not to have that other set of hands. Enlist the boys to be your special helpers and I'll bet they'll rise to the occasion. ;)

Aliki2006 said...

I'm glad you got back safely--don't worry too much about Linton, stress and upheaval can do strange things to kids...