Friday, November 16, 2007

I Love Them Because of Monet

... and of course because they're beautiful
For some reason (perhaps my love of the color green) I was absolutely fascinated by this flower:
and its twin
and kept taking photos
All these photos were taken at Longwood Gardens last October. Their water-lily garden is usually closed at the end of September, but this year the weather was so warm that it remained open all of October, and (just one of the pools) into November.

P.S. Thanks for all your suggestions and support re. my application, etc. I feel terrible for complaining so much on this blog and turning NaBloPoMo into a series of "downer" posts. I'm hesitant now to launch into my "issues" post series since I'm afraid that imposing "cheap therapy" posts on my readers, posts in which I discuss certain things I'm not too happy about (when all of you know that I am generally a happy person) will just, I don't know, bore and/or bother you. Well, let me know if you'd want to hear my musings about body, hair, writing, and other things...

On the other hand I'll always have beautiful photos to share and I have old family photos as well as some curiosities to post too, so it might now be too bad. ;)

3 comments:

Andromeda Jazmon said...

*gasp* Oh Lilian! these are stunning! My faovirtes are the first two, but they are all spectacular. You should frame them or something.

Glad to hear about the job and the little one feeling better. Hang in there!

Aliki2006 said...

These are gorgeous!

I'm so glad Linton is on the mend...

Cheryl said...

Gorgeous pictures. Thanks for sharing.