Thursday, May 01, 2014

What I Did in April (with photos!)

to mitigate this month's lack of posting ;-)  together with the three posts I wrote on April 30 (scroll down to see them ;-)
(oh yeah, I went to bed early and couldn't post this one before the month ended!)

- I read a book! For pleasure! That felt so deliciously decadent. :-) A book I had purchased back in 1997 (year of publication) and about which I still want to blog (it's a biography of Jane Austen!).

- I watched my kids perform at their piano recital and do wonderfully well after having practiced many hours in the previous month! (and then we headed to my husband's departmental picnic)

- I helped in a Wedding Shower (and blogged about it);

- I was delighted to finally be able to go to the Farmer's Market again (it started its mid-week season in addition to Saturdays, when I don't go) even though they didn't have a whole lot for sale. Now I can eat delicious & authentic (veggie) Salvadorian pupusas every week! YAY!
I even bought some frozen pupusas this week and prepared them for dinner (I was having a very rare lunch date with my husband).  YUM!

- Hit my head really had with the car door while carrying 5 bags in a hurry (painful! forehead scarred for life!):

- I enjoyed flowers in public spaces:

and at home (hopefully I'll blog those photos later from my Nikon, not the iphone).

- We started an alternative "home church."

- and I missed my eldest son (blogging some other time about that too).

And of course I worked and did chores and took care of the kids, etc, etc...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, your poor head! Interested in your home church...

Heidi said...

The flowers are so beautiful!! (Sure sorry about your head, though!)