Thursday, November 28, 2013

Thanksgiving 2013 -- 11 Years with BIL's Family...

... and maybe the last year for a while.

In 2002 & 2003, our first two Thanksgiving Days together, K2 technically didn't have a family, it was just him and D, but in 2004 two little boys, our own L, and their little D joined the family (and made them a family).

In addition, for three years in a row, 2002-2004, we drove all the way to Michigan (from Massachusetts twice and once from Pennsylvania) to be with K2 & D. Thankfully they moved closer to us and in 2005 we had the first of two Thanksgiving celebrations at our house in PA (I posted recipes in 2006).

From 2007 on (nice photos here, as well as a holiday recap), the celebrations were held at their house, for seven years in a row! 2008 was the seventh year, and 2009 was the last year with my in-laws living here, too bad we had a Thanksgiving "Grinch" for a neighbor! :(

2010 was the only year we "cheated" and went to Florida for Thanksgiving, but we came back to spend time with family over the weekend. The following year was spent with another family visiting K3's house and in 2012 the holiday was low key, but still nice.

This year was great! We had great food (maybe more on that later), 14 people, since K4, the youngest brother, drove from Montreal, and it was lovely to spend this day with those we love. We will miss them A LOT, particularly on Thanksgiving, when they move to Egypt, but I'm sure they will have a good experience there!

I'm falling asleep on the computer, so I have to go to bed. I'm glad I decided not to do any more shopping on "Black Friday" (or Thursday night) -- I only went to one store briefly this evening with my eldest son.

How was your Thanksgiving this year? 




1 comment:

jo(e) said...

Happy Thanksgiving! I love how low-key Thanksgiving is compared to other holidays. We just get together to eat and hang out -- always fun.