Thursday, November 07, 2013

Automatic Waking (or the woes of "Falling Back")

I agree with other people who are OK with "falling back" to Standard Time that it is hard to wake up/get up when it's dark, but I really really really DREAD how short the days become.

I can't wait for December 21 to come so days can begin to get long again.

My biggest problem is that after a few weeks into the semester, I begin to wake up automatically at a certain time, even before the alarm clock and by last week I was pretty good at this. When K was away (in Canada) three weeks ago I woke up before the alarm every morning.

And then we "fell back" last Sunday. So this morning I "automatically" woke slightly startled at 6:11 am -- because I would actually have been late, since it was after the old 7 am time -- I had been waking up before 7 am.

I'm going to bed now and really really hoping that I don't automatically wake up. Especially because the boys don't have school tomorrow and we could all sleep in a bit.

I'll let you know what happens... sigh...

No comments: