Thursday, November 28, 2013

(Almost) Home for the Holidays

started on Wednesday 11/27
As I was driving yesterday evening, I wrote multiple blog posts in my head,* but this is the one I planned to write as soon as I got home -- too bad I didn't have time to do it!

When I finally arrived past 6 pm and I unloaded the car in pouring rain** by myself (I had gone shopping) K had arrived from his conference already (YAY!), but I couldn't sit down and enjoy a cozy home because had to cook some soup for our family, his parents & my nephews.

So... now that they've left for K2's house (my husband's younger brother), we are enjoying some relaxation, in spite of the fact that I still have a lot to cook for tomorrow.

continued on Thanksgiving Day, Thursday 11/28
I titled the post "almost home" for two reasons, I was arriving home (on Tuesday evening), but we weren't going to spend the holiday home, but going to my brother-in-law's house (we drove this morning). If K4 (K's youngest brother) and family weren't coming from Canada, we would have spent Thanksgiving at our house, but they are (we're still waiting for their arrival).

We're more than happy to come to their house, though, because this is likely to be the last of our eleven Thanksgivings together (except for 2010 when we arrived from Florida to spend the weekend). We even made a video to celebrate all these years, but we haven't showed it to them yet. Let me know if you want to see it. :)

* most full of job-related angst -- I'll probably write them sooner or later.
** because of that, the storm door ended up staying propped open all night. :( Not good for the heating bill!

No comments: