Wednesday, April 20, 2011

What's been going on/ Afraid of moving

There's too much that I want/need to blog about and, paradoxically, that is keeping me from blogging. (very old problem)

Right now, I'm trying to get read to buy a house and move, but I keep thinking of the mother just who lost a 19 year old son and of his classmates who are heartbroken only a month before they were to graduate from high-school together. I missed the funeral this morning because I had to teach, but I went to the viewing yesterday so I could give my hairdresser a hug. So, so sad. I also talked to a few of the academy students and they are devastated, asking "why?" "why him? why now?"  I tried to talk to them, but it's hard to find what to say to them.

I'm also frustrated with the fact that I didn't do several things I'd been planning to do this semester (mostly to schedule a film or 2 for my students & the general student population). I NEED to make my language more visible and the one thing that I can still do is design a flyer to be put around campus. The new class I'm offering, on the other hand, is already full, because it's a general ed class.

Speaking of teaching, Anastasia has written a brilliant and provocative series of posts (yes, there are 7 of them so far, some short, but still pertinent) that has, as always, made me think and made me evn more upset than I already am about the whole system that keeps adjuncts in place. :( It sure is hard to keep at it with all this perspective.

I have to go now... on to a fitness class before I get to teach my own class.

Have a nice day! (and I began this last night, so I decided to keep the "time stamp")

No comments: