Thursday, June 10, 2010

Texting my way into the 21st century

Until very recently, I think I'd never sent more than one text message in my life, but things have changed dramatically in the last 24 hours since we've had our new "smart capability" phones (this one, to be exact). Edited to add: we also have unlimited texting in our new/carrier & plan, or else I wouldn't be texting.

Of course the great majority of the 100+ (counting incoming) text messages in my phone right now were sent/received by my oldest son (who jumped for joy when we showed the phone we were getting ;-), but I'm proud to say that I sent lots of them too.

Texting is just so practical! It took only a handful of text messages to "book" a haircut with this blogger whom Ï hadn't seen for around three years! YAY for another blogger meet up facilitated by technology ;-).

So, yeah, I'll be an avid "texter" from now on. Anyone wants to "text with me" (this sounds really weird, doesn't it?).

Oh, and I may be twittering more too, now that I can do it through texting, on the go (gotta figure out how to set that up). Too bad -- mostly for my son who would love to spend countless hours online on the go too -- we have a very limited data plan. Better something than nothing (wait a minute, that's not how the saying go, right? I think this is a saying in Portuguese, not in English. Oh well... whatevah... ! ;-)

2 comments:

Rene said...

Congrats on the phone! I've been seeing/hearing how excited the oldest is about technology. Very fun.

And I think in English we just say "better than nothing." Pretty much the same thing. :)

Oonie said...

Setting up twitter from phone is easy-peasy. How fun. I love texting too, though my in laws call it "nagging by phone." Not wrong! I usually am using it to tell my husband to get milk on the way home or see when he's leaving, etc.--little things I need him to get to but not right away or needing to wander through voicemail to get...you'll love it! Check your plan for charges though!