Monday, December 03, 2007

Hope

Even the tiniest speck, the thinnest sliver of hope makes all the difference.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
I wasn't going to blog about this, but as the time draws near when we'll find out whether this hope will lead to a solution to the "Very Bad Thing," I thought I'd let you know. Word should come within next two weeks. We've been hopeful for over two weeks now and it is a relief to have some respite from the constant pain, even if it may be just temporary relief. Just knowing our worst fears may not materialize after all is heartening and, if worse comes to worse, we've had some time to regroup and focus on what needs to be done next (not that we've quit working on job applications or anything).

On other news, I made a dent on our "excess leaf problem" today! I vacuumed/mulched three big piles (which filled three extremely packed bags). Yay!

And...
I'm going to start working on the dissertation again! Yes. Hold your breaths... the end is near, or so I hope.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Fingers, toes, and everything crossed for you, Lilian.

jo(e) said...

Fingers crossed here, too.

Tracy said...

Sending a little prayer your way, Lilian!

Clo said...

Ciao Lilian, long time no read...but I'm catching up. Sending you luck and hope from Paris too...Bonne Courage, Clo

grumpyABDadjunct said...

I came to catch up and whew, big changes in the wings! So to give you a distraction I tagged you! But seriously, I'm thinking of you and knowing that things will work out somehow.

Lauren D. McKinney said...

Lilian,

Did you see this article about Brazilians in the US? I don't want this to be about you!
http://www.nytimes.com/2007/12/04/nyregion/04brazilians.html?_r=1&oref=slogin

Scrivener said...

Hope that things work out.

Anonymous said...

Finally catching up here. My heart goes out to you and your family. All the best to you. Stay well and keep/get your babies well. Great about the dissertation, but in the grand scheme of things...well, you probably know what I'm gonna say.

Hugs to you!