Saturday, December 08, 2007

Out of the Blue

(photo of the sky on the day we had that picnic)
Well, OK, it was not completely out of the blue since he had sent his resumé (it would be CV in academia...) to them through a friend who works in recruiting and who knows someone in there, but... today, K did a phone job interview for another "big pharma," for a job he didn't know existed and had not even applied for!! This supposed prospective job wouldn't require moving.... wow. Let's not get our hopes up just yet, OK? Or at least try not to.

I thought you guys would like to hear that.

I didn't get to the dissertation today, but, like Sarah Sometimes said in a recent comment, yes, I definitely have momentum and I'm really really excited about my work right now. That feels SO GOOD!! Gotta go to bed now.

Oh, before I forget... I went grocery shopping here today and took an alternative way coming back home, right through this nice National Historic Park that we have nearby and at the end of a curve we "ran into" a covered bridge!!!

A lovely, beautiful, white covered bridge on this pretty day with snow on the ground and more falling softly.
The very first covered bridge that I've ever seen in my life!!! (in spite of the fact that I lived for 8 years in Massachusetts not very far from a couple of them). I was just so excited! (I bet you can tell from the ridiculous number of exclamation marks I'm using right now).We didn't go through it (for the boys' disappointment and mine too), but doing so would probably get us lost and out of our way. Now I want to go back there and take some photos! (the photo above was taken from the internet -- we were driving on the opposite side going to the left). It was a magical moment... (and just a few minutes later K told me about his interview on the phone).

7 comments:

Andromeda Jazmon said...

OK we really need to get together. Let's meet at this park and play in the snow!

Rene said...

How pretty! And the job prospects sound really encouraging as well. I'm sure you'll find your happy ending somehow.

Tracy said...

A day full of lovely surprises. How wonderful for everyone, Lilian!

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for K and the new position. Would it be in the same area so that you could keep your house?

Aliki2006 said...

I'll be so keeping my fingers crossed for you, my friend--I hope so much that the news will be good!!

Sarah Sometimes said...

Lilian, thanks for the recent comments--it's always so nice to hear from you. I, too, hope we can meet each other. And I'm glad to hear about this latest bit of hopeful news!

Unknown said...

Oh, Lilian! How exciting. This is the start of a wonderful new year for your family...I can just feel it!

ArticulateDad said...

Unknown jobs are always nice. Good luck to K with that, and continued good luck to your family as you navigate these waters.