Sunday, December 28, 2014

Pain-full vs. Pain-less

Written on the middle of the night (3 am?) the night before our trip, 12/24
 
I'm still awake now not only because I needed to get a number of things done and know I can sleep in the car as we drive down to Florida tomorrow, but also because I've been dreading to go to bed every night because it's only at night that my back pain becomes unbearable.

This has been going on for a week and a half now and it's definitely not a good thing. I wish I had gone to a chiropractor, but I was traveling last week and we travel again tomorrow, so that's not going to happen!
        ~  ~   ~           ~  ~   ~
I had began to worry about my pain on Christmas Eve because I felt that some parts of my back felt "electric" at times (like the nerves weren't happy) and because from Saturday to Sunday I had spent the night with a hot pack on my back, my skin was also itchy and bothering me.

Fortunately, during the trip and the first two nights I felt hardly any pain, but I continued to sleep half sitting, leaning on piles of pillows. (and I did take a painkiller on the first night). Last night, however, was the very first night in which I decided to try to lie down on my side as I usually do to go to sleep instead of sitting up and... I didn't feel any pain! I think my back has mostly healed. YAY!

Now I need to become more proactive and dutifully do my lower back stretching exercises every day!

No comments: