Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Looking Forward to 2015

2015 is a very promising year and the most important event is that in July-August we'll have an amazing family trip in three parts:
1) some days in Texas with joint celebration of the cousins' birthdays & the opportunity to get together with hundreds of friends during the "General Conference" of our church);
2) 20 day trip to the "Holy Land" with many family members;
3) 14 day trip in Europe with my parents.

K will also be submitting his tenure package and hopefully everything will be ok. He will also apply for a big NSF grant again -- his last opportunity to do so!

I will be applying for the 3 year position, but I'm not looking forward to that and I'm freaking out inside a little because if I don't get it, our family's income will be 36K less and I don't know what we're going to do! :-(

Our sons will finish 5th & 7th grades and start 6th & 8th and I know they are going to be busier.

Oh, and in December, K's whole family will get together again and we're planning to go skiing in New Hampshire and... I don't know... maybe go to Florida? (that will be a crazy thing to do!). We will also need to take another family photo, since the family is now complete with the arrival of the 8th grandson last July.

Frankly, I am almost looking forward the most to July 2016 when we're supposed to go to Brazil. I can't believe there's still a full year and a half to go before I can go back there! :-(

No comments: