Monday, September 30, 2013

Productivity Continues

I know this great phase may end eventually. Maybe it's the weather that's just so gorgeous and still warm -- something that makes me oh, so happy -- but I'm truly enjoying the extra energy!

Yesterday, besides the grading, I did three loads of laundry, all of which dried outside (did I mention the great weather?) and I finally -- FINALLY! -- organized my sock drawer.

I know, most boring accomplishment ever, right? But you don't know how every single day of the summer I looked down at that horribly over-stuffed drawer and told my husband in a slightly whiny voice: "I need to tidy up my sock drawer! But I'm never gonna do it!"

Two days ago I had a great idea to solve my overstuffed sock drawer problem -- I decided to move all my thick stockings and pantyhose to a plastic drawer set in my closet. This was the same solution I had found for my overstuffed hair pins, clips, etc. box some time ago. I moved all the cloth and knit headbands to the closet drawer and... voilá, now I had space to store my (now very few) hair clips and things. So now I can buy more hair clips and socks! ;-)

I also made more marinara sauce which we ate with spaghetti & veggie ground "meat." And I put away my clothes that had been washed & dried (also outside) last Wednesday in addition to making the bed with comfy fresh-smelling sheets that had just dried outside!

Here's photographic evidence of the productivity will be included later. My memory card doesn't want to talk to my computer right now. :(

1 comment:

Heidi said...

I LOVE those kinds of days!! I totally need to figure out a sock drawer solution, too. Maybe put my holiday socks somewhere else? I hope I remember to read my Thanksgiving socks this year.