Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Did the Death of Google Reader Just Kill My Blogroll?

This is too much for one night, seriously...

Edited to add: I guess it was a glitch, blogroll is back up as of 5:42 am. You can disregard this post, at least for now! PHEW!!!

First, the Shuterfly book fiasco, now, my blogroll??? C'mon, Google is becoming truly evil, GAH!

Just this afternoon I used it on my phone to read the most recent posts by my blogging friends and now... it's all gone! And it's more or less replaced by a list of blogs that once upon a time I added to my blogroll...

How mean of Google and Blogger!!! And here I was, sympathizing with all my friends that had to switch from Google Reader to something else and now I'm going to have to follow suit! And I can't even import the blogroll, I think, I have to do it manually.

Sigh...

What do I do? I had grown to depend on my blogroll "feed." :( I can't go back to clicking on links to blogs hoping that they've updated! I guess I'll start using Feedly or Old Reader... but since I don't use Google Reader, I don't have anything to import. Sigh...

Maybe it's time to leave Blogger forever. I created Wordpress blogs before, but I was/am really mad about the advertisement (that's one thing I like about Blogger). I need to ask Laura (11D) about Wordpress.org.

I don't deal very well with change. As you know if you're been reading for a long time, I've had the same blog layout ever since I started! So... that's why I have resisted switching to another platform for so long. The learning curves are steep for me. I know I'm getting really really old and becoming more and more like my mother. Sob.

OK, my IBS has started acting up, so I have to go & try to sleep. I tried googling to figure out what's wrong with Blogger, but haven't found anything. If you know, please let me know, OK?

What a night... :(

No comments: