Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Shutterfly is Awesome, but it SUCKS Big Time Too :(

I stayed up all night & now can't even go to sleep because I'm SOOOOO upset at Shutterfly.

I had a $20 coupon that my friend gave me and was going to expire yesterday, so my plan was to finish the South Africa book by 3 am (California midnight) so I could use it.

I was working well on my Mac, but then all of a sudden (MY FAULT, I must say), I couldn't edit the photos well the way I wanted (couldn't rotate, make them smaller or bigger -- my fault because I forgot to press the "customize" thing, I think), so I moved to the PC. The problem for later was that I left the browser open with the version of the book I was working on open on a tab.

Things went well on the PC and I was almost done with the book (albeit after 3 am), so I moved back to the Mac.

HOWEVER, something weird/funny happened in Safari and the window I was working on disappeared to the side & I couldn't get it back.

Can you believe it that I went to the other tab that was open with the OLDER, version of the book from FOUR hours ago and I clicked on SAVE????!!!

How in the world could I have done that? Now I have to redo ALL the changes that I spent four hours painstakingly implementing on the PC and in the last few minutes on the mac again.

I cannot believe that I did this to myself. I can't even remember some of the things I wrote & some of the designs I created for certain pages. I had also added more photos. I think I'll be able to figure it all out, but this is just too upsetting. :(

I'm writing this post so I can calm down and, maybe, go to sleep. My plan is to call Shutterfly tomorrow and beg that I can still use the 20 dollars coupon (this book is 100+ dollars & I need that coupon + the 50% discount) because of what happened. Sigh... I'm hoping hoping hoping they'll be nice and let me use it.

Maybe it will be just easier to keep going now and try to sleep during the day. I'm so high on adrenaline right now. The problem is that I'm just sick and tired of this book and I was ALMOST DONE. Really... I was so close!! And I also liked the results a lot. :(

I'm sorry to bother anyone who is reading this with this boring "tale of woe." I can't believe I don't blog good things that happen, but feel compelled to immediately blog stressful situations.

It's blogging as therapy... Thanks for listening!

P.S. The title of the post doesn't make much sense because I'm didn't even talk about Shutterfly being bad -- it sucks at times because it doesn't automatically save (like google docs or blogger) and it doesn't save the latest version always. That's it.

1 comment:

BOOKMAKER said...

Everytime I have done a book, trying to use a discount on Shutterefly, something has has drastically gone wrong and I have missed the deadline. This time, on the last few pages, I decided to add some more photos from my desktop. Much to my dismay, Shutterfly then rearranged my whole book, putting in photos I did not want and in a totally unacceptible order. You are not alone in your grief! Sometimes I wonder if Shutterfly does this sort of thing deliberately.