Tuesday, March 26, 2013

PSA: I Only Check Twitter Once a Week

Those of you who read me here and whom I also follow on Twitter may have noticed that once in a while you get a bunch of replies from me for tweets that you posted several days back...

I don't know why, but I can't bring myself to constantly check Twitter on my phone! I don't want to let it control my life and my thoughts, but I still don't want to miss what's going on with the very few people I follow on Twitter (the only reason I follow several of them is that they no longer blog and I want to keep up with them), so I often read five to six days of tweets in one sitting.

Last week this proved invaluable, because LisaV actually shared with us that she was getting divorced and I'm glad I didn't miss those tweets... I don't like to be out of the loop, so to speak. 

The truth is that tweeting hasn't worked for me at all... I get it how it could be a great tool to communicate with friends, blog readers and even strangers, but I only use it for that (and rarely too) in the account that's under my real name and where I tweet in Portuguese. I've had several fun "conversations" with some of my husband's second/third cousins, particularly about Downton Abbey.

I don't know if I want to be more active on Twitter, I feel it would just take more of my time and I already try to police my time spent on blogs and stuff (which is a lot!). I also have not tried to use tweets to promote my blog posts because I feel very few of them would actually merit being "advertised" like that... Questions:

Do you Tweet? How do you use Twitter and how/why does it work for you?

No comments: