Tuesday, March 19, 2013

It's official, I'm a Megacommuter

A few days ago, Rebecca Davis-O'Brien's piece "Me and My Megacommute" was posted in The New Yorker website, but I only saw it today.

It is little consolation to know that nearly six hundred thousand other commuters drive as much or more than I do to work every day... sigh.

This semester I'm only driving three days a week and I find it that those two days I get to drive only 20 minutes to U#1 make it harder to have to drive for over an hour the next day. Somehow doing it every morning makes it more routine and, as such, a bit more acceptable. I'll go back to that next semester, but I'm not looking forward to it.

Maybe someday I'll work only at U#1. I sure hope so!

P.S. this afternoon my tele-teaching presentation was broadcast. I spoke too fast in the recording... the very first comment on the pre-recorded talk that people didn't know was pre-recorded, was a request for me to speak more slowly. Sigh... it's just that I had lots to say!

No comments: