Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Habemus Papam

With this simple sentence* from a friend on Facebook, I learned of the new pope, not even 10 minutes after white smoke poured out of the Sistine Chapel.

She had the TV on thousands of miles away in Brazil posted to FB as soon as she saw the news... pretty cool! I think that this was the earliest I ever learned of a piece of news...

Now I'm watching NBC to find out who it is...

(and I couldn't come back to edit until now 3:34pm, picking up kids in school)

... WOW, a Jesuit from Argentina! My Brazilian friends on facebook weren't very excited (for those who don't know, there's great rivalry between Brazil & Argentina, particularly in soccer). ;)

I love the name Franciscus/Francisco (Francis), beautiful choice (after a lovely Saint too).

Congrats Spanish prof! :)

*minus the "m" -- I corrected my bad Latin after I looked at the CNN site ;-) -- I was forced to take two semesters of Latin in college in Brazil and I passed with my worst grades ever (C-/ D).

2 comments:

Spanish prof said...

An Argentine Jesuit...The world is coming to an end. And I am going to be a star on campus

Spanish prof said...

My Facebook wall is full of posts that say: "Dios es argentino (Messi), y el Papa tambien"