Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Second Time and Upcoming Offer

There's a showing tonight for some people who are coming to see the house a second time. I thought they were the ones who saw it on Monday and loved it, but they're not, these are other people. The people from Monday said they're making an offer on Saturday! It would be AWESOME if we had two offers, no? (although a possible offer sometimes scares away potential offer makers).

We decided to go to "New Place" (gotta talk to K and decide whether to try to continue blogging from an undisclosed location or share it with you) this weekend on Sunday and Monday. We'll be bringing documents that are necessary for employment and I've been invited by the head of the department where I'll be teaching to go to lunch with her on Monday. Great! I can't believe I'm really going back to teaching.

We're gearing up to two CRAZEE weeks, when we return from visiting "New Place" we have friends from Brazil arriving for a visit. Then on Friday I might be heading up to NYC to chair a panel at a conference in my area. Then we'll have our friend and her daughter here during the following week -- which will coincide with the boys' deadline for turning in work for the first half of the fourth "marking period."

In any case, I have to stop blogging to go get the house ready for the upcoming showing.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm so happy for you guys. It sounds like things are falling into place nicely!

Anjali said...

Wow. It must be an amazing house! Congrats all around!

S. said...

I have been a silent reader for a while now, and after reading your many posts about how all your years of education may have all been for naught, it is absolutely wonderful that the teaching position you thought you'd never have has now appeared :) It is also amazing how much difference a year can make - from your sorrow last year over selling your house, to your joy and expectation at selling it this year. That is something that is good of which to be reminded.

Lilian said...

Thank you so much, S! This ability to look back and see how things changed for the better months or years later is one of the reasons why I've always journaled and, now, why I blog.

Particularly in my journals (not so much here), I record our lives and wonder what's going to happen. I ask questions and then, afterwards, I go back and re-read past entries and sometimes either answer questions or make comments about how things turned out.

When we're living day to day, we can't see the big picture, but looking back it's possible to have a better perspective on life.

Thank you so much for being a reader (albeit silent until now) and for your comment!