Friday, April 09, 2010

A Lovely Date!

I almost ruined everything, yeah, pesky old me, but in the end it all turned out OK (phew!).

We were supposed to go here, but I didn't realize that the light blinking on the car's dashboard meant that it needed an urgent oil change, so instead of driving there we headed back home to drop off the car at the oil changing place. And then we went to eat here and walk around this place.

K cannot stand malls, stores or shopping, but we had an enjoyable goal for him -- stroll leisurely all the way to the Apple Store to check out the iPad. It was fun! We stopped at a Yankee Candle store (we once lived less than 2 miles from the factory in MA and visited often) and checked out the latest fragrances (we love the "Fresh" ones, particularly those with seaside names).

As for tie iPad, K thought that their book application is awesome! I liked it too, probably better than the Kindle (I got to check out my SIL's one on New Year's in Brazil). Does the kindle have a dictionary function? We thought that this (selecting any word with one's finger and then tapping on it to get a "bubble" with the dictionary definition) was one of coolest things! K was floored by the real feel of page turning and I liked the nice bookshelf interface. Oh, yeah! And books in color! I previewed Winnie the Poooh. For a fan of picture books this is really cool. I still think that nothing replaces holding a book, though. Apart from the book reading, we were not impressed with the rest (the keyboard is tough to use and we don't care for gaming).

When we first started walking to the other side of the mall to go see the iPad I saw a gorgeous H&M dress that was "totally me" on a huge ad in our path and on our way back I had to check it out. I love it that H&M is a cool European store (yeah, I'm one of those people who "digs" the "Old World," maybe it's in my blood or the fact that I was born there [see this post, #1-14], but I did buy some nice maternity clothes at H&M years ago and one awesome soccer ball sweater for Kelvin that still looks new to this day (we're passing it along to the cousins). I don't know why I never went back (perhaps because I never, ever, under any circumstances -- only exceptionally like yesterday -- walk into a mall?).

So, yeah, with K's blessing, I bought this dress, which is "me" to the very fibers of the recycled polyester (cool, huh?): colorful flowery "Monet-like" print, lots of frills, flowy fabric and, most importantly, with a cut that goes well with my flat chest:

You can see it also in this YouTube video (the first one):

It was a lovely date. We hardly ever have any, but 20 years together is a milestone worth of celebrating, no?

2 comments:

Rene said...

Very cute. Congrats on 20 years together.

Oh, and the Kindle does have a dictionary function. You put the cursor in front of the word you want, and the definition automatically shows up at the bottom of the screen. The color and page flipping on the iPad do sound like nice perks, but I wonder if the backlit screen would be as easy on the eyes after a long period of time.

Aliki2006 said...

I love the dress! I've never met you, but to me the dress seems just "you" somehow!