Sunday, April 18, 2010

Blown Away (Again)

I wish I could be less tired to think of a clever title and all, but this one will have to do.

Our realtor (Roberta) didn't call us yesterday to talk about the offer so I started getting antsy and thinking that maybe things had not worked out as we thought they would. So today, as we were driving towards "New Place" to begin our house hunting, Roberta called.

The first thing she said was that the she had just gotten the offer and that the other people who were considering making an offer had walked away and wished us "Good luck" (remember I said that some people are scared away by other people's offers? I was all like "I knew it!"). And then she said that the offer asked for 13K in seller's assist and I was all, "Oh no, what a bummer!"

"Don't you want to know how much the offer is for, though?" Roberta asked.

"Sure," I replied, but already feeling a bit discouraged.

"Well, it's $$$!"
$$$ = precisely 13K more than the asking price.

"NO WAY!" I almost screamed into the phone, and immediately started to tear up and gave the phone to K so she could give him more details.

So, yeah. In this market, we've been offered asking price for our house.

There's only one caveat: the bank's appraisal has to agree that the house is worth that much money. I don't think it should be a problem, but it's still a worry. If worse comes to worse, we'll have to discuss lowering the seller's assist.

More details: the only contingency is the inspection, since it looks like they're fist time homebuyers. Isn't that great?

The closing doesn't give us much wiggle room to pack up and move out (June 3), but we're OK with that. Good thing we're already house hunting, right?

We saw seven houses and we're very interested in two of them. I'll try to blog about that as soon as we get home. I'm trying to add a "gratuitous flower photo," but I can't get to move it to the bottom of the post. I may just give up. Yep, I gave up (sorry!).

P.S. The again from the title refers to two main things -- the fact that when Roberta sold our last house it was an even more unbelievable offer (full price down in cash on escrow) and that so many amazing things have been happening to us this year.

4 comments:

Anjali said...

WOW! In this market, that's unbelievable! Congrats!

t1 Diabetes said...

Praise God! He's been walking with you every step of the day! Keep on trusting Him!

Jody said...

That's GREAT news. Congrats.

ArticulateDad said...

Congratulations. I'm glad the transition to your new chapter is shaping up smoothly.