Monday, November 09, 2009

The "Window Smile" Boy

So, this was the second biggest event of the weekend in Montreal (the first will be the subject of the next post) and it happened on Saturday morning -- although the photos were taken 24h later on Sunday morning (my apologies for the fuzzy photo, I wasn't using the flash):Yes, my "baby" is officially gone now that his first top tooth is out (the bottom don't really change their smiles that much) and has been replaced by a funny smile. I'm not looking forward to the big teeth that are likely going to come out of his gum :-). Yes, I wanted them to stay little forever, too bad we can't hold time still. Only in photographs.

3 comments:

Jody said...

Yes, I really notice how much the kids' faces started to change as they lost their teeth. The jaw is growing, too, and the last bits of babyhood are long gone.

Congrats on the milestone!

Oonie said...

My parents had a whole series of informal formal portraits (does that make sense? lots in the backyard sunlight in my nightgown, etc) taken when I was four because someone said, Oh, the whole face changes when those big teeth come in. I've been cognizant of that with my kids and keep frantically taking pictures of the oldest, who desperately wishes to lose a tooth, but has not. Good for you for those great photos you have!

Rene said...

Awww . . . he is starting to look like a little man.