Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Tired...

This cyber schooling thing is tiresome. I do enjoy it (apart from having to nag my firstborn a lot), but it's still exhausting and all-consuming. So much so that I haven't had time and the energy to update the new blog I started. I guess I'll just abandon it, since I don't like the name anyway (I much prefer Mama to Mom, I don't know why I titled it Cyber Schooling Mom. I even like the silly "mommy" better than mom. Oh well).

I'm quite content with my life right now and I'm not really looking forward to the stressfulness and craziness of the trip to Brazil that will take place in short 26 days. I love spending my days with the boys and I'm even doing more things around the house (I want to write a post about that, let's see if I end up doing it or not). Traveling changes everything all of a sudden, although I'm quite used to it. Our lives are pretty chaotic and not very predictable, let me tell you. And that's how I like it.

That's why moving is not a big deal to me, really. For an expatriate, nothing will ever compare to the radical change of leaving your country, your family and friends, your whole life (even though it's a short life of only 25 years) to start again in another country. Of course after 13 years I'm finally feeling kind of "settled" (now that I have a dining room set and new bedroom furniture, I just wanted new living room furniture too ;-), but this "settling" is always shaken up by trips here and there, plans for the future and the feeling that perhaps the "definitive settling down" never happen... sigh.

OK, I'm just rambling here. I don't know why in the world I had to write two humongous posts on the same day (I guess I didn't realize that both were going up on the same day -- I could have changed the day of the second one for today so easily!). If with some small posts I barely get readers, now I'm doomed not to have anyone check those out! In any case, I needed to get them written. The first, because I wanted to finally have a decent "weekend/travel update" that was still immediately relevant, and the second because I just had to react to an article titled "The PhD Problem" -- how could I not? Given that I am a walking, breathing "PhD problem." :-p

So, dear, gentle readers... do check them out, will ya?

No comments: