Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Very Random 50-Question Meme

Edited to change #23 and 24. I had forgotten to change Susan's responses! [No, I didn't find lice in my child's hair! :D]


I saw this a while back at Susan's and other bloggers and thought it would be fun to do. I feel a bit embarrassed doing this meme because I have a long backlog of memes I've been tagged with, but never responded. Maybe this one will get me started!

1. Spell my name as it sounds: in Brazil - Leeleean, here Lillian (?)

2. Am I a worrier? A little bit, used to be more.

3. What’s my favorite CD? I have too many favorites... It varies. Right now it's my husband's second cousin's Leo Gonçalves' latest CD.

4. Favorite colour(s)? For wearing: brown, light beige, navy blue, red, black, colorful pastels. Colors: pink, blue, aqua green -- all pastel.

5. Does my home have an attic? Yes, several, in fact. One in the garage, another above the living room floor and the one above the bedrooms (this third one cannot be used for storage)

6. Have I ever been to Canada? Yes, I was there in 1997, 1999, 2000 and 2004.

7. Have I ever gone fishing? Nope, never.

8. Have I ever seen a celebrity? Hmmm, a few Brazilian celebrities, nobody here that you know of.

9. Have I ever been on a motorcycle? No way!

10. How much money do I have on me right now? On me nothing, in my wallet, $15.

11. How many cars have I owned? Four, and it's "we," I never had a car on my own.

12. How many jobs have I had? With "official" paychecks only two.

13. How tall am I? 5′4″ (I think) -- same as Susan.

14. Last person to call me: My husband.

15. Last thing I yelled out loud: Probably "Come here NOW!"

16. Last person I was in a car with: My sons.

17. Last time I ate at McDonald’s: HA! I never go there, but two weeks ago I had to take my son with his schoolmates and I had fries...

18. Last thing I bought: A $5 gallon of "OOPS" (rejected) paint at Home Depot -- which my husband is using to paint the guest bedroom right now.

19. Last person I saw: My youngest son.

20. Last time I cried: I got choked up while reading a blog post yesterday, but I cannot remember when I last cried.

21. Last time I laughed: Today with the boys.

22. What is the temperature outside? About 65.3F -- warm, huh?

23. What time of the day did I get married? At noon, it was scheduled for 11 am, but I was late, a little bit more than "fashionably late." :) (if I ever get to write the post about my wedding that I've been trying to for over a year, you'll know more about that).

24. What did I do two nights ago? Prepped guest bedroom for painting.

25. WHOSE [I had to correct that "Who's"!] birthday is coming up next? My oldest son, in March.

26. What time did I go to bed last night? Around 1:30 a.m. (very common for me)

27. What was the first thing I thought this morning? I need to email my advisor.

28. What are my plans for this weekend? Return Christmas presents. Get ready to go to NYC next week.

29. Lemonade or iced tea? Lemonade.

30. What do I dislike at this moment? Not having finished my dissertation yet and the fact I'm not working on it as I should.

31. What did I dream about last night? Cannot remember.

32. What’s the last TV show I watched? I guess it may not count as TV show, but it was Masterpiece Classic - Jane Austen's Mansfield Park.

33. What is my favorite piece of jewelry? Wedding ring (copied from Susan -- it's the only thing I wear).

34. Am I a dancer? No, but I wish I was.

35. Have I ever cut my own hair? No, but I cut my husband's and sometimes my sons'.

36. What is my favorite treat? I love treats... chocolate, jelly beans, reading peacefully while eating anything yummy...

37. How many piercings/tattoos do I have? None.

38. Where’s my favorite place to be? In front of the computer? Hmmm, that won't do. Anywhere with my family?

39. Is there someone I haven’t seen in a while and miss? My friends from Brazil.

40. Who was the last text I sent to? I don't ever text.

41. Do I care what strangers think about me? I think I do, but I know I shouldn't.

42. Last person I talked to on Instant Messenger: My mom, on Skype.

43. Last person to make me cry: I don’t remember.

44. Who can I tell anything to? My husband.

45. What am I doing tomorrow? Teaching a piano lesson, cleaning and organizing the house.

46. Do I have alcohol in my home? Nope.

47. Do I like ketchup? No!

48. Do I think I will be on a vacation this summer? Most probably.

49. What colour is my master bathroom? White

50. Do I wear a bikini at the beach? Yes, I do! I love bikinis and look awful in bathing suits b/c I'm flat chested.

51. Have I ever been to the Grand Canyon? Yes, I have. I loved it and want to go back!

52. What is my favorite fruit? Strawberries.

53. What did I really want to do today? Eat out.

54. Am I always cold? I'm prone to being cold, yes, but haven't been much lately.

55. Does it annoy me when someone says they’ll call or text, but don’t? No, not really, unless they say, “I’ll call you back in five minutes!” and then don’t [copied from Susan!! but really what I feel] . I don't do texting...

Well, you're welcome to do this if you feel like it, let me know if you do so (if you haven't already) I can check it out.

2 comments:

Aliki2006 said...

Loved reading these answers!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.