Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Palimpsest of Paint Colors I (365+1 Blog Post)

I thought some of you might enjoy my latest post at the other blog. My introduction there:
One of the things that an older house (ours is 43 years old) has to offer -- apart from the potential existence of toxic/hazardous materials such as lead and asbestos -- is a glimpse into its past, the way it used to look like (a poorly kept "fixer-upper" like ours more so than others ;).

Ever since we started painting last September I've been having fun finding out the original colors of some of the rooms and since that's what I photographed tonight, I'll share some of those "color palimpsests" with you (this is the first in a series, I guess).
I'm thinking that maybe I'll complete the series over here in this blog :).

No comments: