Thursday, March 23, 2006

MLA, Here I Come!

Nothing like a day after the other, today I received great news that my paper (the second abstract I submitted this year) was accepted for a panel at the MLA (Modern Language Association), the super competitive major conference in literature and languages in this country. I am thrilled.

Tomorrow morning I get to present at another major conference, but I'm a bit frazzled about this one, especially because I need to drive for over an hour to get there and back. For three days in a row. I'll be able to get together with three other students from my department, which will probably be fun. Tomorrow night I'll try to post to tell you how my presentation went.

In other news, I finally got two chapters back from my advisor in the mail, and I was not too happy with the comments. His feedback (from today and past chapters) prompted me to write another blog post, because I really needed to vent for a bit.

Oh, and before I forget, my brother accepted the job offer from China!! My parents are quite worried, but I am excited for him and my sister-in-law. I think it'll be a great experience for them. Now I have to post the other one...

4 comments:

Juliet said...

Congratulations to you! And good luck to your brother, as well. He will love China! It seems to have a wonderful effect on everyone that goes there.

Alice said...

Oh, How exciting!!!!! Congratulations!!!! :) Both to you and your brother! This is THE conference of conferences, isn't it? How wonderful that you get to be a part of this!!! :)

Ana said...

Congratulations, for you and your brother!

Clo said...

How did the conference go? We want to know! Fantastic news, high five to you Lilian! I'm catching up reading, I've been away for a while.

congrats!