Monday, March 20, 2006

Lovely Weekend

We had a lovely "long weekend." My husband spent last week in Baltimore at a conference and the boys and I were able to join him on Thursday night because his lab partner/roomate left early. My parents decided to stay home (even though they would be without a car) because of the cold weather and also because they could also take a break from helping us with the house and caring for the boys.

The hotel had a beautiful view of the Inner Harbor (even though our room overlooked the other side, the Northern part of the city - I forgot to take pictures of that side). The pictures here were taken from the window by the elevators in the 25th floor (the one we were staying).

We took the boys to the hotel pool on Thursday night and Friday morning, Kelvin even went into the sauna with me for a bit! Then we went out for lunch and drove to my brother and sister-in-law's house in the afternoon.
We hadn't had the opportunity to hang out since our 10 days at the beach over the holidays in Brazil, so we had a lot to talk about. It was great fun -- the boys had a blast with their cousin's toys (my nephew, who's 17 months old is only 4 months younger than Linton) and their cousin was delighted to be with his adored older cousins.

Of course the lovely weekend meant a break in dissertation work, which is not good. I haven't been working well, I get distracted very easily (even with work, but more often than not with non-dissertation related stuff, obviously) and I have just been lazy and not writing much, which makes me feel terrible. I don't have set daily goals, just weekly deadlines of things to send to the advisor every Friday, and I have been late with those for two weeks at this point. To make matters worse, he is super busy right now, and hasn't sent me back his revisions for the 2nd draft of chapter 2 which he received last month and the early draft of chapter I sent this month - this does not help at all! Well, let me stop complaining and try to get back to work. I'll be back some other time with spring flower pictures for you, OK?

1 comment:

Alice said...

looking at those pictures brought back some memories ... it's been a long time since I was in Baltimore the last time. I really look forward to flower pictures, especially since we don't seem to have ANY flowers here (we still have mid-winter, apparently).

Happy Spring! It's the 21st of March! :)