Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Link to Wonderful Article on Open Adoption

I've been a huge fan of Dawn at This Woman's Work for almost two years now. Back when I started reading blogs, I stumbled upon her blog one Saturday night and almost stayed up all night reading the whole story of her daughter's adoption (she had just adopted her). I learned so much from her story and felt she was/is incredibly strong to be able to adopt and be so open about it.

I really admire Dawn for her openess, candor, insightfulness, elegance, and altruism among other things. I enjoy not only reading her blog, but also her comments on other's people's blogs (I often read several blogs that she reads), and I highly respect her opinion. I have been able to find several wonderful blogs through her links, and I always stand in awe of how civilized and open some of the heated and very difficult discussions in her blog have been (it's like that in Manuela's Thin Pink Line as well).

Anyway, Dawn just published an article at Salon.com titled "Open adoption, broken heart" that is beautiful and moving, to say the least. You should go read it right now!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dawn's article is one of the most moving essays I've ever read. It makes me want to subscribe to Salon.com.