Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Why we don't have cable or why I won't watch TV

I suppose tonight is the night to write blog posts that explain the reasons why... as briefly as possible! ;-)

We got cable installed today for the first time in the three years we've lived in this house. We did that because of the World Cup that will take place in Brazil and that begins on Thursday, we decided we wanted to watch in HD, instead of streaming online. (and we're actually glad to be watching the cup from afar, not only because we wouldn't be able to afford to travel to Brazil this summer, but also because it would be too crazy).

Anyway, I cannot have or watch TV because it's like crack for me, I'd be hopelessly addicted, particularly to HGTV! (watched almost two "flipping" shows this afternoon).

That's it. I'd rather spend my time reading about real people in blogs (while they still exist, right?).

Jo(e), thanks for the supportive comment, we'll be the "last two standing" in blogland, OK? Promise!!

1 comment:

Heidi said...

I'm with you! At least in blogland, we can not only read about but also connect with real people. MUCH more rewarding than TV. :) And I sure hope blogs and bloggers aren't disappearing. I would be so sad!