Sunday, December 08, 2013

Packing for Summer & "Paradise"

I don't feel like finishing the job of shoveling the driveway that the boys almost completed (we had about an inch of snow & sleet)...

I don't feel like cooking rice to eat with the beans from two days ago...

I don't feel like writing addresses on Christmas cards (I know I could print labels, but there should be something handwritten on them!)...

I don't feel like doing anything but packing for our incoming trip!

ONLY 11 DAYS!! (Can you hear the panic & exhilaration in my voice?)

Particularly packing my many summer dresses, blouses and sandals. I had been stashing them in a plastic bag for months and last Tuesday I carried them downstairs close to the suitcases I put down on the floor. And I haven't even touched my bikini & swimwear drawer yet!

I was just telling K that I probably have selected way too many clothes for the trip, but I just can't help it! I LOVE hot weather clothes and here in the U.S. I don't wear them enough (and of course I'm always buying more pieces, dirt-cheap, in clearance racks).

OK, let me go cook the rice, we need to eat, but the truth is I can't wait for our trip to Brazil and, most importantly, to "Paradise!" (scroll to bottom of post)

No comments: