Wednesday, December 04, 2013

On Being Permanently "Done"

Right now, all the way across the country, my dear (and slightly older) cousin is being induced into labor and preparing to give birth to her first child (a boy!). In spite of some well-documented "on and off" desire to have another baby, I didn't want to be in her place! I've given birth twice and it was the most amazing thing that happened to me, but this morning we went ahead and got permanently "done."

Well, it will take a few months for it to be permanent so that I can have this removed from my body, but after putting it off for so long, we finally went ahead and scheduled K's "procedure." I don't like anything medical, but I watched it and it was pretty interesting. I did feel a bit sad when each "vas deferens" was cut, but then I thought again about my age and how we really can't have another baby for all kinds of reasons and I was fine with our decision. Sigh...

I thought I had more to say about this, but I don't. I have been so busy that I don't have the head space or the time to "wax poetic" about anything. Sigh... K is doing fine so far. He took Valium and another relaxer, so he slept most of the day. I hope he'll have a swift recovery! (especially because we travel in two weeks)

No comments: