Thursday, December 26, 2013

Sleepblogging

I don't sleepwalk, but right now I'm almost sleepblogging...

Intense days with family + travel motivated sleep deprivation = exhausted blogger.

I don't know how much access I'll have to wi-fi in the next ten days, so I waited until my husband did all the online banking he needed to do, sleeping on and off seated on the couch so I could blog a little bit now (it's 12:30 am here).

We woke up at 3:50 am this morning to catch a 7 am flight with K's whole family - 17 people (10 adults & 7 kids aged 11-3 years old) + his paternal great-grandmother. I slept on the second flight, but it wasn't enough.

In any case, in family vacations sleep is overrated 'cause we need to spend as much time with each other as possible, right?

A few highlights of the past week in Brazil:

- potluck lunch with two families of dear friends who drove 2h (each way) to see us;

- photo session with my family + parents, brother + family;

- three separate Xmas celebrations (my family, both families, K's family);

- some shopping on Xmas Eve's eve (crowded stores!) for a friend;

- two flights to arrive at in-laws' apartment in Maceió;

- grocery shopping and shopping for local artisan works this afternoon;

And we still have to drive nearly 2h to the rental beach house tomorrow. Then, finally, it's supposed to be only R&R for two days. My family arrived there yesterday, but I haven't talked to them to find out if their trip was ok, only tomorrow.

OK, gotta go to bed now! I hope there's WiFi at least at my mom's rental house there! If not, I won't blog as much as I wanted to this year, but I'm perfectly OK with that!

How were your family celebrations this week?

1 comment:

Heidi said...

I'm glad you're having such a good time! Of course, I knew you would. :)