Wednesday, February 13, 2013

We're going...

... to Brazil in December!

As I type this post, K is purchasing the tickets. They were the cheapest we could find (about 1,060) and we're pretty sure we wouldn't be able to find cheaper ones later.

One of the reasons we have to do this now is that one of us (me!) has to fly with an award travel ticket (using our miles) and these need to be reserved nearly a year ahead.

So... after ten years of flying solo with one or two babies/little boys multiple times, I will get to fly by myself while K will take the boys (we will fly back together, but not on our way there). K is excited, since he has missed flying with the boys (who ADORE flying, BTW) to Brazil.

Their tickets were purchased, now he's purchasing the first leg of mine. I hope it all works out fine since mine will be purchased with our miles combined with my father-in-law's miles -- one set of miles for each way.

All of K's family will get together for the holidays this year again (the plan is to do it every two years, in 2011 we rented a house in Orlando, FL) and the BIG thing is that my in-laws will be "inaugurating" (that's the word we use in Portuguese) the house they're building right now!
August 2012:
 Nov. 21st 2012:
We'll spend Christmas together and our family will be staying at my parents' house (which is located just two streets behind my in-laws') while K's three brothers and their families will be at the new house. Maybe even my brother and his family will be there (I'm hoping dreaming hoping!).

Then... we'll all fly (I don't know about my parents and brother & family, maybe) to Maceió and spend a week in Brazil's "paradise" AKA Maragogi. I'm borrowing these photos from a cousin (Laura):
And this one from Trip Advisor:
 Sigh... (we'll get to enjoy the natural pools that you see above if the moon cycle & tides allow. I haven't yet been able to find the tide tables for the first week of January 2014...).

My award travel tickets were purchased even before I saved and uploaded the beach photos. YAY!! Just what I needed in this very cold day in February, right? Life IS good...

P.S. I'll worry about paying for the tickets later ;)

3 comments:

Rene said...

Yay! Should be fun. We're looking forward to it!

Heidi said...

Way fun! That will be nice to look forward to for almost a year!

Desi Hottie said...

great and glade to read and view your blog, impressed L, and i am going to share with my friends on fb. hope that they will like it...
Interpreter for Language