Friday, May 31, 2013

Underground Blogging

I'm literally blogging from under the ground in the DC subway! Some patches don't have service, but others, even underground, have excellent signal (extended, though).

July 1993... That's where/when I get transported to when I'm here. It was my first time in the U.S., first airplane trip in my life (at 23!).  

I spent 10 days at my uncle's house and I took the bus and then the metro to the national mall and visited every single museum, watched every single IMAX movie... It was amazing. 

So I DC has a big part of my heart. I just wish I/we came here more often. Now that the boys are older I think they can handle museums better. I can't believe that the last time we were here was only birthday in 2011... :( 

And today I just need to cross the city from one side to... The same side, which is silly, but it's the only way I can get from Glenmont to Bethesda this morning. Sigh.

Oh, and halfway through the post we came to the surface, but I'll keep the title anyway! ;)

1 comment:

Heidi said...

Oh, enjoy every bit you can, even if it's just for meetings. :). I can only imagine how many hours you spent going through ALL the museums!