Saturday, May 04, 2013

I Fried My Laptop Last Night!! :(

I still can't believe I did that!!

Now that I called Apple Care and I know that I have to take it into a store or authorized provider I can blog about it.

I was freaking out this morning (I couldn't go back to sleep at 6:30 am), but my husband talked some sense into me and I calmed down. Sigh...

What happened? It all started with my urgent need to find some older photos that are stored in an external hard drive (Seagate brand) that hadn't been communicating with the laptop anymore...

I tried to plug it in even though the power slot was completely damaged (as in coming off damaged). I received a warning that said that said that the USB port was drawing too much power and had been disabled.

Foolishly, I plugged it into the other USB port and "fried" the compute who went off not to come back on again... Sigh.

I think I won't be able to have the photos I need on time to order a photo book for my son's teacher's retirement party, but I'm hoping I can recover the photos (primary concern) and other files.

What saved my life?

Having started to use Dropbox just a short month and a half ago!!!!!

The final exam for Monday, the proposal I need to submit ASAP to the department are all in Dropbox. Cloud storage rocks!

I will have to use my husband's laptop which is now the only computer in the house. I wish we could afford buying a desktop right now (an iMac), but we can't. Paying debts is the highest priority.

Have you ever "fried" your computer? What was the outcome?

P.S. and I have never been more thankful for the iPhone as well. Last, but not least, Apple customer care rocks!

No comments: